Saturday, November 6, 2010

Saturday 25th September

So today is leaving day for everyone else. I met up with Dennis and Josh and we went for ramen one last time. The noodles were awesome but it was hard to smile as I knew I'd have to say goodbye shortly. I love hanging out with these guys they have an awesome sense of humour and I will miss them loads.

Back to the hotel. Everyone is packed and ready to go. Mitch had already left but I said my goodbyes to Aureole, Karin, Bruce, Crystal, Josh and Dennis. I head up to my hotel room to have a wee moment to myself to think about the amazing week that has just passed.

After a quiet moment to myself I head out to meet up with Adam he's drawing at Chopstix with Benny. We meet up and hang out for a bit, go for a wander and take some pictures. Adam has plans for dinner and although I am invited I say my goodbyes and head back to the hotel and pack my suitcase. 


Now for some random pics I took that I didn't have room for earlier!

 There are vending machines everywhere, for every 10 people in Japan there's a vending machine.


                                                    Manga, manga everywhere


                                          Pet store that sells mini dogs

                                   Hilarious t-shirts "It gets on the mama" is my favourite




                                               Not an uncommon sight in Osaka!

So, suitcase packed I get some take-away snacks and sit in my room and think, something I've not had time to do for a good long while.

When I think back on all that has happened in this year alone I think to myself that I am an incredibly lucky individual. Never in my wildest dreams would I picture myself here in this place in this moment. If you had asked me when I was a teenager where I would most like to visit if I could go anywhere, anywhere in the world at all Japan would have been number 1. To have been there twice in one year blows my mind. I'm not a well travelled person, before 2010 the number of places I have been to you could count on one hand. In this year alone I have been to Japan twice, America and now I'm heading to Australia. It's quite possibly the most exciting and terrifying thing I have ever done in my life.

This past week has been fabulous I LOVE Japan. I think when my Australian Visa is up I will definately be coming back here. For now though I have to move on, Littlest Hobo style :)


No comments:

Post a Comment