Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thursday 16th September

So I got up bright and early this morning to finish emptying the flat and pack my suitcase! Talk about leavin it to the last minute! I was due to check out the flat at 11 and I had to be at the airport for 12.10. I figured that was plenty of time but I'd forgotten the pope was visiting this day and traffic may or may not be disrupted! So I freaked out a bit picturing me and Jeffrey stuck in traffic on the motorway while my plane takes off without us, the pope waving from his crazy popemobile! However I kept calm even if I didnt feel like it, finished emptying the flat, packed my suitcase although I had to leave some stuff behind in a box to be posted out to me as I ran out of suitcase space! Hardly surprising as Im away for a year. I thought I did really well whittling down my possessions and clothes but the suitcase disagreed! Bandit arrived to take me to the airport, we loaded up the car, the letting agency representative arrived I said hello goodbye and I we set off for the airport!

Bandit dropped me off and I was brave - no tears, just smiles. The sun was splitting the sky - I was about to start the biggest adventure in my life! Next hurdle - check in. I thought I was being super smart with my skates and wheels in my flight case and the rest of my stuff in the suitcase. However, Emirates had other ideas. I have NEVER had my hand luggage weighed. Until now! My hand luggage was a whopping 12kg and I was only allowed 7kg. CRAP! Cue some frenzied re-shuffling and I was all good to go. My suitcase now weighed in at a whopping 28kg. Not looking forward to picking it up at the other end!

Flight to Dubai was easy no problems at all food was ok. Watched several crap movies so glad I didnt go see them at the cinema - The Karate Kid, The Last Airbender, Prince of Persia. All rubbish! Dubai airport was just as grand as I expected! Jeffrey was impressed. Dubai has free internet so we were right on facebook! Spent a while online waiting for our connecting flight - next stop Osaka!

Jeffrey joyriding at Dubai airport


The fish pond was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment