Thursday, October 7, 2010

Monday 20th September

First official day of the tour! Up bright and early and suncream on! The weather here is insanely warm, it’s what I was expecting Australia to be. Im getting used to it, you kinda just have to accept “sticky” as your natural state. (Stiiiiiiiickkkyyyy!!)
We took a train out to an Inari shrine which was really high up a hill/mountain. Plenty of hilarity en route.  Josh has a habit of narrating/translating everything he sees – posters, adverts, people. It was soooo funny but sorry you had to be there!
Josh about to enter the bat cave (probably)

Josh killing Dennis with nonsense

The  place was very pretty - we visited similar ones in Tokyo earlier in the year. It was Jeffreys first time and he had a riot getting up to all sorts.





Next up was a trip to a castle. Gorgeous views and photo ops. In Japan there are vending machines everywhere. There is a vending machine for every 10 people in Japan. You find them everywhere. I bought myself a drink and got a horrible surprise when it turned out to be some sort of dirt-flavoured tea. It was boggin!!





Next stop – the Manga museum! We walked there and passed loads of cool stuff along the way. There’s so much to see in Japan. The garden of the museum was filled with Manga geeks reading comics! Ive never seen anything like it. Inside photography was forbidden to protect copyright. Outside there were stingy caterpillars but even though Jeffrey searched for ages he couldn’t find any. He told me later he wanted to fill my handbag with them. Charming.


Manga readers



After the Manga museum we went for a bite to eat. It was then time for my appointment with Kozuru woo-hoo! Crystal and I got a taxi out there. When we arrived I produced Jeffrey and Crystal translated for me. 15 minutes later Kozuru showed me a drawing and I fell instantly in love with it. Time to get inked! I giggled the whole way through it. It wasn’t that painful but it was sooo tickly! I ended up having quite an audience watching me. Im very very pleased with how it turned out!




woo-hoo! Jeffrey tattoo!

Awesome end to an awesome day!! Roll on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment